Camping Week continues today these easy to make Sausage Potato Packets. We started the week with the Breakfast Hobo Pies and today we’re going to share an easy campfire recipe. These Sausage Potato Campfire Packets are super easy to throw together and cooking is simple, you don’t even need a pan.
Now I know the name says sausage but a better name might have been 3-sausages, we’re adding 3 types to this meal. The only trick is to be sure you get uncooked sausage, so that the potatoes and sausage cook evenly at the same time. We used Italian Sausage, Brats and Cheese filled Brats.
Combining all these flavors together means that you don’t need to add a whole lot of seasonings, they’re already in the sausage, however we did add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and Kosher salt. Let’s finish off the meal with some onions and baby potatoes… yes I’m a meat and potato kind of guy.
Now I said they’re simple to put together so let me tell you how, you start by chopping all the ingredients into bite size pieces, and toss them into a very large bowl. Then drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil and add just 2-3 teaspoons of kosher salt and mix them all together. Grab a roll of aluminum foil and tear off about 12 inches (be sure to use 2 pieces per packet) and then add a big spoonful of the sausage and potatoes.
Then you’ll need to fold the foil to make the packets. Fold over the top and ends then onto the grill or campfire. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium-high heat and enjoy.
The nicest thing about foil packets is how fast and easy they are. And well of course, no dishes, we always like that, right?
Whether you are camping or just in need of a fast weeknight meal, these Sausage and Potato Foil Packets are the way to go.
- 1 package (5-6) Italian Sausage, uncooked
- 1 package (5-6) Brats, uncooked
- 1 package (5-6) Cheese filled Brats, uncooked
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 pound small baby potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Chop all the ingredients into bite size pieces, add to a bowl and mix together.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Add a spoonful of the sausage and potato mixture to a 12 inch piece of aluminum foil and fold to make a grilling packet.
- Cook on the grill or campfire for 15-20 minutes.