One of the easiest ways to add unique flavors to your meals is to make your own sauces and one of the easiest ones is this Quick Pizza Sauce. We rarely purchase jarred pizza sauce opting instead for some homemade sauce instead.
We haven’t had a place to put in a garden the past couple of years so we’ve resorted to using canned tomato paste for this recipe but it can easily be adapted for fresh tomatoes from the store or your home garden.
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ - 1 cup of water
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
- Mince garlic and add to pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and dried herbs and combine.
- Stir in water to achieve desired consistency, usually take at least ½ cup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to join flavors.
Try the Quick Pizza Sauce in one of these yummy recipes…
Linking to…Weekly Round up