Mother’s Day is this Sunday, are you hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch or perhaps your family fixes you breakfast in bed. Either way, it’s always a special day. These Quick and Easy Mini Breakfast Bites are not only perfect for Mother’s Day but are also great any day. You can even make them ahead and freeze them for a quick weekday breakfast.
I wanted to incorporate as many breakfast flavors together into a bite size morsel so what better base to start out with than egg and country pork sausage. Add in a helping of diced white onion and yellow, orange and red bell peppers to give it a little color and western style appeal and these morsels are packed with flavor.
Serve them with fresh Salsa or Homemade Pico de gallo and you are sure to have a hit!
Watch for more Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes coming all this week!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Bisquick Mix or Homemade Biscuit Mix
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 pound Country Pork Sausage
- 1 cup diced white onion
- ½ cup diced bell peppers (use a blend of yellow, orange and red to add a little color)
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown pork sausage, bell pepper and onion on stove in a large skillet. Once pink is gone from pork and the onion and bell pepper are softened, add paprika and mix together. then drain off grease. Let cool for 5 minutes or so.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the ingredients for the egg mixture.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking oil and spoon in 1½ tablespoons of the egg mixture into each cavity.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of the sausage mixture to each cavity.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until browned on top.
- Serve with Salsa or Homemade Pico de gallo
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch