Getting dinner on the table fast is always top on a Mom’s list, especially during the busy school year. How about a 15 minute meal?
The best of both worlds – Italian and Mexican – come together in these super quick, 15 minute Pizza Quesadillas that your family is sure to fall in love with.
Our boys love quesadillas, and of course love pizza, so when I spotted this recipe in the Gooseberry Patch Simple Shortcuts Cookbook, I quickly added it to our menu plan.
The typical pizza ingredients fill the warmed tortillas and the mozzarella cheese is piled high. Serve them with our 5 minute Pizza Sauce on the side for dipping if you like.
Have a little extra time? You may want to make your own Flour Tortillas.
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 can (8 oz) or fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 - 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 (16 oz) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (3½ oz) package pepperoni
- Pizza Sauce to serve on the side
- Chop onions, green peppers and mushrooms
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and add veggies, Cook until tender about 2-3 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat
- Place one tortilla in skillet and cook about 1 minute, flip on other side
- Sprinkle half with cheese, top with onion mixture and add desired amount of pepperoni
- Fold tortilla in half, cook for 1-2 minutes more or until cheese is melted
- Repeat for remaining tortillas
- Slice into wedges and serve with pizza sauce or jarred spaghetti sauce
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch