We’re always looking for an easy one dish dinner that we can get on the table in under 30 minutes and makes enough for the entire family. Well here’s a recipe that is quickly making it onto our monthly menu plan. A Pizza Frittata that is really tasty, yeah I know I’m using alot of techy terms but it’s just so unbelievably simple to make I don’t know why we didn’t think of it before.
We went for the standard pepperoni, mushroom and green pepper to suit our tastes but you can switch it up to satisfy your family. Maybe they’re meat eaters so you’ll want to add some sausage and bacon. Or keep it green and add all the vegetables you want.
A cast iron skillet or any oven safe pan will work. Make sure you keep an eye on the pan when you cook this up, you don’t want to burn the edges… too much. Just enough to maybe give it a little crunch around the edges. And to finish it off serve with some homemade pizza sauce you make yourself.
- 6 eggs
- 6 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried sweet basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1½ cup mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- Whisk together the cream cheese, eggs, salt, basil and oregano.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet, (cast iron) and add the mushrooms and green peppers and cook over medium heat until just tender.
- Stir in the pepperoni and egg mixture, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until center is almost set, (5-7 minutes)
- Heat your broiler, place uncovered about 6 inches away from heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned on top.
- Serve with pizza sauce.