These simple to make Pineapple and Shrimp Foil Packets go together in minutes with only 6 ingredients! Make them over the fire while camping or grill them on the deck for a SUPER easy and delicious weeknight meal!
Camping and grilling season is upon us! I don’t know about you, but personally I think everything tastes better on the grill. I find any way to make my meat, veggies and even bread on there- I just love the extra flavor it adds.
When we go camping, we absolutely love to make foil packets. Much of the prep work can be done ahead, and there is just something fun and authentic about cooking food all together in foil. One year, when it didn’t work out for our family to go camping because of rainy weather, I actually made foil packets in the oven and they still turned out delicious! That is the mark of a great recipe.
These Pineapple and Shrimp Foil Packets are SO easy and are bursting with flavor, this will become a new family camping favorite in no time!
After you clean your shrimp, cut the pineapple, and mix together the seasoning and brown sugar, all you need to do is layer the ingredients on a sheet of foil, sprinkle with seasoning mixture and butter, fold and cook! Note: I suggest spraying the foil with cooking spray, as well as using the butter, to make sure they don’t burn on the grill or stick to the foil. The order should be cooking spray, pineapple, shrimp, red pepper, seasoning mixture, and then butter!
Just look at how delicious these Pineapple and Shrimp Foil Packets look once they are grilled to perfection! These can be served as a main dish, an appetizer, or even an afternoon snack. Cooking for camping or a picnic on the patio has never been easier!
If you love the idea of these Pineapple and Shrimp Foil Packets, check out our other fun campout cooking ideas! Start off your day with these fun and delicious Breakfast Hobo Pies that are sure to be a favorite with the whole family. You can find these awesome Iron Sandwich Cooker online. Then, end your day with these Campfire S’mores made in this handy-dandy S’more maker!
There is so much outdoor fun to be had with great food and amazing company.What are your go to camping recipes?
- 1 fresh pineapple or 6 slices canned pineapple, drained well
- 1½ pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (I used Old Bay Seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Clean and cut fresh pineapple into slices
- Clean shrimp
- Combine brown sugar and seafood seasoning and set aside
- Use 2 pieces of 12 inch foil for each packet
- Place pineapple on foil and top with shrimp and red pepper
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over shrimp
- Dot with butter
- Fold foil packets
- Grill covered over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and pineapple is juicy
- Open carefully