One of the biggest grilling weekends of the year is just around the corner and like any special time you want to get some practice in before the big day. Practice? I don’t need no practice! Oh take it from me, after some time off from the grill you could save yourself some time and embarrassment. In past years I’ve cracked open the grill after being away from it for the winter and not had too good of results. Both burnt to under done results have given my boys plenty of ammunition for ridicule.
So before the big day I thought I’d mix it up a little and experiment with some flavors that I’ve not put together on the grill before. Here’s my take on Peppered Bacon & Blue Burger on King’s Hawaiian Sandwich Buns.
I love cheese but stick to the milder tasting types like Muenster and Provolone. So when I was deciding on a cheese flavor to pair up with the King’s Hawaiian Sandwich Buns, I knew I wanted to go with something with a little bite to highlight the sweetness of the King’s Hawaiian. Because you know that opposites attract. So the cheese of choice with just enough punch is Blue Cheese Crumbles.
Add that to the Peppered Bacon, made that myself. Just add some fresh cracked black pepper to the bacon strips before you cook them and your good to go. But I didn’t stop there, you see were celebrating spring and why not add some fresh greens to the top and slather on some mayo and mustard and we’re done.
Boy I do love practice!
- King's Hawaiian Sandwich Buns
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- Blue Cheese crumbles
- Bacon strips
- Spring Mix Lettuce Blend
- Mayo/Mustard/Sweet Pickle Relish blend
- Fry or cook your bacon strips in the oven. Add fresh cracked black pepper beforehand and let it cook in.
- Form you ground beef into patties and add a generous amount of seasoning. Use your imagination or whatever you like. We always go with our house blend. (Equal parts salt, black pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika)
- Throw them on the grill and cook until done to your preference.
- Assemble your burger, King's Hawaiian Sandwich Bun. Add the peppered bacon then the pattie. And on top of that add the blue cheese crumbles and spring lettuce mix. Then slather on the top some Mayo/Mustard/Sweet Pickle Relish blend. Just throw 4 tablespoons of mayo and 1 tablespoon of mustard together with 1 teaspoon of sweet pickle relish.
- Sit back and enjoy!
King’s Hawaiian® wants to know how you bring people together. Reply below for a chance to win a $200 gift card! Sweepstakes Rules.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kings Hawaiian. The opinions and text are all mine.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch