Chinese New Year is next Monday, January 23rd., do you celebrate it? We never have, but I thought it would be fun to put together some recipes and fun ideas to share with you all. We will be sharing a few recipes early this week, and on Hoosier Homemade we will be sharing some fun Dragon Cupcakes on Tuesday, the party and decorating ideas throughout the week. So stay tuned for the Chinese New Year Celebration!
For today we have the centerpiece of a delicious buffet, an Orange Mango Chicken main dish that has a bright citrus tone by way of World Harbors Island Mango Marinade and fresh squeezed orange juice. And to add to the visual enjoyment we have garnished the dish with sliced oranges and green onion fans. I was amazed how easy it was to make the fans and how much visual appeal they added to the final dish.
To make the fans simply cut 2 or 3 green onions into 3 inch segments, then with a sharp knife split the ends in fourths and place them into ice water for 30 minutes. Drain on a paper towel prior to using as garnish.
- 4 large chicken breast
- 1 cup World Harbors Island Mango Marinade
- 1 large orange
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup World Harbors Island Mango Marinade
- Splash of orange juice
- Cut chicken breasts into ½ inch strips and place into resealable bag
- Add 1 cup of World Harbors Island Mango Marinade and juice of one large orange to bag
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes but less than 3 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and drain
- Add garlic and salt and combine
- Brown in a skillet over medium high heat until done
- Serve on a bed of sliced oranges
- Drizzle chicken with dipping sauce
- Garnish with green onion fans
Here’s a sneak peak at the Chinese New Year Celebration we created…
Weekly Menu Plan
Monday ~ Chicken and Noodles, Mashed Potatoes and Corn
Tuesday ~ Breakfast Pies, Fried Potatoes and Smoothies
Wednesday ~ Pizza Ring
Thursday ~ Chicken Lo Mein and Salad
Friday ~ Appetizer Bar featuring Mozzarella Bites
Saturday ~ Shanghai Wings with Potato Skins
Sunday ~ Fettuccine Alfredo, Garlic Bread and Salad
Visit World Harbors to see all the delicious marinades.
What’s on your menu this month?
Disclosure: I’m a Mizkan Advocate and this is a sponsored post. These opinions are all my own and have in no way been influenced by another person.