St. Patrick’s Day is coming up! Do you fix a fun meal for your family or host a party? We usually have just family for dinner, but this year we may just have to host a little party.
We are sharing some recipes with you to help you plan your St. Patrick’s Day Celebration. We shared Rainbow Fruit Skewers and Dip and today it’s all about appetizers and a recipe for Mini Reuben Appetizers!
Cooking Corned Beef is as easy as putting it in the Slow Cooker with seasoning and a few vegetables including cabbage. These Mini Reuben Appetizers are also the perfect way to use up leftover Corned Beef.
A typical Reuben Sandwich consists of Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing, grilled between slices of rye bread. We used those ingredients but changed it a little to make it easier for you.
Since the boys are all out of the house now, we won’t be cooking a whole Corned Beef. But who can pass up Corned Beef on St. Patrick’s Day?
These little open face sandwich use Corned Beef sliced from the deli, melted Swiss Cheese and a cole slaw mixture to top them off! We used a package of Pepperidge Farm Rye Bread already the size and shape we needed for these Mini Reuben Appetizers, and it was actually less expensive than buying a regular loaf of rye bread.
- 15 pieces Rye Bread (we used Pepperidge Farm Rye)
- 8 slices Corned Beef from the deli or cook your own
- 1 ( 8 oz) package cole slaw mix
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Thousand Island Dressing
- 15 Sweet Pickles for garnish
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place bread on cookie sheet
- Top with a slice or two of corned beef
- Fold cheese into quarters and add to top of Corned Beef
- Place in oven to heat through and melt the cheese, about 6-8 minutes
- While the sandwiches are in the oven, prepare the cole slaw
- In a small bowl, add the cole slaw mix, vinegar, salt & pepper, stir to combine
- After the sandwiches are out of the oven, add a spoonful of cole slaw
- Top with a spoonful of dressing and add a pickle for garnish
And in case these Mini Reubens aren’t your cup of tea…here are some more St. Patrick’s Day Appetizers…
Fondue is always fun…how about this Irish Cheese Fondue?
The kids will LOVE these Rainbow Fruit Skewers with Dip!