Everyone loves a good cheese ball! So why not give them their own! These Mini Cheese Balls are perfect for parties, movie night, football games and more!
Oh for the love of cheese. I admit it. I am a cheese addict. I don’t think there are too many things more wonderful than cheese. When I discovered this recipe online, I became even more in love with cheese, especially CREAM cheese. Oh my. Really, I think that’s all that needs to be said. “You had me at cream cheese” right?
One thing I have always loved about cheese balls, in general, is how great they are for entertaining. They make a wonderful appetizer and a festive change to regular crackers and cheese. This recipe has such a wonderful coating with the bright green of the parsley, as well as the rich varieties of brown with the pecans and sesame seeds, adding a wonderful pop of color.
While I really do enjoy a store bought cheese ball, there is just nothing better than homemade. I discovered these mini cheese balls are so simple to make, yet it will look like you spent hours in the kitchen.
All you will need are a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local Walmart. The best part about these cheese balls is that they do not require any cooking or baking time, only chilling. Just take your softened cream cheese and shredded sharp cheddar cheese and beat them together with the garlic powder and ground red pepper until well blended.
Then, divide the cheese mixture equally into two bowls. Add the chopped roasted red peppers to one bowl and the sliced green onions to the other bowl and mix until well blended. Refrigerate until the cheese is chilled.
After the cheese is chilled, roll into 24 one inch balls and divide them into three groups of eight. Roll each group of eight into the three different toppings (sesame seeds, pecans, and parsley). Refrigerate for three hours and serve with a variety of crackers.
The flavor in these mini cheese balls will pop with each bite and will have your guests coming back for more. This is absolutely the perfect addition to any holiday spread.
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, garlic powder and ground red pepper together with a mixer until blended
- Divide into two equal parts and put in their own medium-size mixing bowls. Add roasted red peppers to one half, green onions to the other half; mix each until blended
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled
- Shape each mixture into 24 (1-inch balls)
- Divide each group of 24 balls into 3 groups of eight; roll each group of 8 balls in one of the toppings (sesame seeds; chopped parsley leaves; chopped pecans)
- Serve with crackers
- Store leftover in refrigerator
Check out the Walmart weekly ad online