All this week we have been sharing easy recipes to speed up your dinner hour. If your family is anything like ours, they love pizza and Mexican food. So why not combine the two in this easy 15 minute Mexican Pizza?
Starting with crescent rolls for the crust, then topped with your favorite taco toppings, makes for a delicious meal.
Pop the crescent rolls in the oven while you are making the taco meat and cutting the lettuce and tomatoes. When the crust is done, the taco meat should be ready too.
The recipe, that I found in Gooseberry Patch Simple Shortcut Recipes Cookbook, uses refried beans. But since our boys are not big fans of them, I decided to leave them off and add the taco meat instead.
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 4 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning (or 1 package store bought)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Lettuce, Tomatoes, Shredded Cheese, Onions or other toppings you like
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Unroll crescent rolls and press seams together
- Bake according to directions on package - about 15 minutes, cool slightly
- Cook ground beef, drain and combine with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and ¼ cup water
- Cut lettuce and tomatoes
- Combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Spread beans on crust, if desired
- Top with sour cream mixture, taco meat and toppings
- Serve warm or cold