Every year when we go shopping for Thanksgiving, Doug just shakes his head and laughs at me because of the size of Turkey that I buy. This year, we bought a 19 pound turkey. Not too big you say? Well, there are only 6 of us eating.
So we will definitely have leftovers, which really is the best part if you ask me. And of course, there will be plenty of other leftovers too – mashed potatoes, stuffing and more. These Mashed Potato and Stuffing Patties are the perfect recipe to use up those leftovers.
Using up leftovers is not only delicious, but of course budget friendly as well. Purchasing groceries during the holidays when they are on sale is also helpful for the grocery budget. Really, what other time can you serve your family a meal made with meat that is only .98 cents per pound. Not to mention the other ingredients are on sale right now at Walmart.
These Patties combine all the Thanksgiving Leftovers – mashed potatoes, stuffing and turkey.
I remember my Mom making Mashed Potatoes many times. I always seem to have leftover potatoes. Some times my boys will eat a big serving, and then other times they won’t eat any.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 cups leftover turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil, canola or vegetable
- Add eggs to a large bowl and beat, add onions and pepper
- Stir in potatoes, stuffing and turkey
- Add butter and oil to a large skillet and heat to medium heat
- Scoop potato mixture with an ice cream scoop or spoon into heated skillet
- Press down slightly with the back of a spatula
- Fry on each side about 3 minutes or until golden brown
- Drain on paper towel
- Serve warm
Looking for more Thanksgiving Recipes? Check out our Thanksgiving Page!
For your complete Thanksgiving Guide on a budget, visit Walmart.com