Not only is this Salad a perfect addition to any Holiday Dinner, it’s also great with the new year coming and those resolutions we are all sure to have.
This salad has very simple ingredients – lettuce, green onions and celery, of course Mandarin Oranges make up the base. The added crunch of the Caramelized Almonds really completes the salad. You could leave off the almonds, but it just won’t be the same without them.
It’s best to serve the dressing on the side, or add it right before serving. The salad needs to be mixed ahead of time and chilled.
The original recipe came from a Mom of a gymnast I was coaching in the early 90?s. We had been to her house for a team dinner, and she shared the recipe with me. It’s been a hit every time I make it.
- Old Fashioned Orange Jello Salad
- Broccoli Tomato Tortellini Salad from Eat at Home
- Orange and Pomegranate Salad from Brooklyn Supper
- Pear Salad
- Red & Green Holiday Salad from Teaspoon of Spice
- Holiday Ribbon Gelatin from Taste of Home