Every time we have mashed potatoes with our meals we always have a debate about how many potatoes to peel. Is the standard 1 potato or 2, maybe it’s one and a half?
Whatever it is we just never seem to come out right and while I like reheating mashed potatoes our sons don’t so we always seem to have them go unused. Not any more! Once our sons tried these Loaded Potato Bites, now we always make extra.
Load the bites up with your favorite baked potato toppings. We love bacon, of course who doesn’t, so we added it along with sour cream and green onions. The amazing thing is that our boys don’t like green onions but they scarf these potato bites down and come back for more.
Whether you are looking for a perfect use for leftover mashed potatoes or just an excuse to switch up your hum-drum meal your gonna love these babies.
- 3 cups cold mashed potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese blend
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cold mashed potatoes, sour cream, cheese blend, green onions,bacon and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix together the bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Roll the mashed potato mixture into 1 inch balls, flatten to a thickness of less than ½ inch and coat them with the bread crumb mixture.
- Add two tablespoons of butter to a medium hot skillet, cook until browned and then flip and cook until browned.