How’s your grilling been going this sweltering summer? We’ve been grilling as much as possible…keeping the house as cool as possible you know. Well now’s the time to put all that expertise to work. There’s a couple weeks left to enter the Dibs on my Ribs Recipe Contest co-sponsored by Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., McCormick & Company, Inc., Kraft Foods, Inc., and the National Pork Board.
I’ve been trying out the spice blends from McCormick and adding a little kick with a simple homemade sauce using Root Beer, Chili Sauce and Grey Poupon Mustard. Ribs are actually one of the easier meats to grill, there isn’t a lot of prep work or watching them constantly while they cook.
- McCormick Sweet & Smoky Grill Mates
- 3 cups Root Beer, soda
- 1 cup Chili Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Grey Poupon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, ground
- Rub with McCormick Sweet & Smoky Grill Mates, wrap in plastic and place in fridge at least 2 hours or overnight
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer until sauce has reduced in half
- Heat grill to medium-low heat
- Place ribs in center and cook ribs for 30-45 minutes, until juices run clear
- Remove from heat, let rest 5 minutes, cut and serve with sauce
- Entry period: Now until August 12
- Contest entries are being collected at: PorkBeInspired.com/DibsonMyRibs
- Eligible entries will be displayed on the site for consumer voting; the “Consumer’s Choice” recipe will be an automatic finalist into the contest.
- 2 categories: Indoor Preparation and Outdoor Preparation
- 3 finalists will be chosen from each category
- Recipes must include:
- A McCormick spice/seasoning
- A Kraft sauce (if a sauce is used in the recipe)
- 6 finalists (3 using Indoor Preparation and 3 using Outdoor Preparation) will compete in a finale event cook-off on October 12, 2012 at Tyson Foods, Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas
- PRIZES: 1 winner from each category will win “Groceries for a year from Walmart” and a trip for two to Memphis in May, 2013
Disclosure: This post is part of a campaign I am participating in with the Walmart Moms. Walmart has provided me with compensation for this post. My participation is voluntary and opinions, as always are my own.