The weather is finally warming up, and you know what that means…salads, and we love Taco Salad in our house! Making your own Taco Bowl is really easy and takes about 5 minutes. And they are pretty healthy too, because they are baked not fried. They also take just 2 ingredients and supplies you probably already have.
We started with a 6 inch tortilla shell, but you can make them any size you like. In fact, they kind of remind me of the Mini Taco Cups that the kids love on appetizer night!
We often serve a build your own Taco Bar and these Taco Bowls are always a hit. Changing the traditional taco just a bit is always good, plus it still keeps the grocery budget down. Let me show you how easy it is…
You will need…
- Soft Tortilla Shells – 6 inch
- Olive Oil
- Brush – We like using a Silicone brush
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Glass jar – I found the pint mason jars with a smaller, rounded bottom work the best
- Wrap a few shells in Wax Paper and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds, this will make them easier to handle. Lay one shell on another piece of Wax Paper and add a small amount of Olive Oil to the center.
- Brush oil to cover entire shell
- Place glass jar upside down on cookie sheet. Place shell on top of jar, oil side up and hold in place for a few minutes.
- After you have 3 or 4 bowls formed, place them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown