‘Tis the season for salads, and we love Taco Salad in our house! Making your own Taco Bowl is really easy and takes about 5 minutes. And it’s pretty healthy too, because it’s baked not fried. I started with a 6 inch tortilla shell, but you can make them any size you like. In fact, they kind of remind me of the Mini Taco Cups that the kids love on appetizer night!
With just two ingredients and a few supplies that I’m pretty sure you have, you can make your own Taco Bowls too. Let me show you how easy it is…
You will need…
- Soft Tortilla Shells – 6 inch
- Olive Oil
- Brush – I like Silicone best
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Glass jar – I found the pint mason jars with a smaller, rounded bottom work the best
- Wrap a few shells in Wax Paper and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds, this will make them easier to handle. Lay one shell on another piece of Wax Paper and add a small amount of Olive Oil to the center.
- Brush oil to cover entire shell
- Place glass jar upside down on cookie sheet. Place shell on top of jar, oil side up and hold in place for a few minutes.
- After you have 3 or 4 bowls formed, place them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown
See…I told you that they were super-duper easy! Stop back tomorrow for our special Build Your Own Taco Bar!
Linking to…Saturday Night Special
Or subscribe by RSS