Quick, easy and refreshing – How to make Granita – use your favorite frozen fruit in this super easy recipe!
Does the thought of making a fancy, frozen drink intimidate you? Don’t let it! We will show you how to make Granitas with just a few easy steps!
All you will need are FOUR simple ingredients: sugar, water, frozen fruit, and lemon juice.
To begin, heat the water and sugar in a saucepan on medium-low and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
Then, add your frozen fruit (we used raspberries) and bring to a boil. Once they are boiling, turn it down and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Carefully transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes until the fruit is pureed.
Pour the mixture into a pan and freeze for 4 hours, then mix stir it up, freeze again for two hours and VOILA! Your Granitas are ready to serve!
See? Now, you know how to make Granitas and you can surprise everyone at your next dinner or picnic on the patio with this beautiful, delicious treat!
With BBQ season in full swing and Memorial Day just around the corner serve these Granitas to your guests and check out our whole array of Memorial Day BBQ Recipes to go with them!
If you’re gearing up for Father’s Day, you could serve these Granitas with this Blueberry Slab Pie! I don’t know a man in my life that would say “No” to that!
Make this Simple Patriotic Table Centerpiece to honor the Veterans in your life and have an easy decoration that is good from Memorial Day through the 4th of July – or even all Summer long!
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen fruit
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and water and cook until sugar dissolved
- Add berries, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice
- Carefully transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth (this takes 2-3 minutes)
- Pour mixture into square pan and freeze for 4 hours
- Remove from freezer and use fork to scrape entire mixture, return to freezer
- Freeze 2-4 hours and scrape with fork, return to freezer for 2 hours
- Granita is ready to serve any time, scrape with fork before serving