Have you ever got a hankering for something spicy, but weren’t sure what to make? Hold on because your taste buds are in for a wild ride. Our Hot Corn Dip recipe has got a bit of a kick to it, but it’s something you will want to make again and again.
You can easily serve this Hot Corn Dip with tortilla chips, but we’ve been known to also serve it with various crackers or even vegetables. Whatever you have on hand is ideal for this awesome dip.
In our opinion, when you need a dip of some sort, spicy is the way to go. This dip is great because you can make it no-so-spicy or even spicier, depending on your preferences. We love spicy around here, so we go all out on adding the spicier ingredients.
With basic ingredients like corn, chilies, and cheese, you won’t believe the transformation that takes place. Who knew corn could be such a great ingredient in a dip.
This recipe is very versatile and you should never be afraid to mix it up. If you have frozen corn, go with about 2-3 cups, just make sure it’s thawed. You can also try variating the recipe by mixing white and golden canned corn instead. Want a bit of a kick? Use mild or hot chilies instead! For this part of the recipe, you are just mixing all of the ingredients together, minus the cheese.
The cheese in this recipe literally tops the dish. Colby Jack cheese is a favorite around here and there’s no doubt that it belongs in this dish. The cheese adds just the right amount of flavor to help make the dish completely perfect. If you’re not a fan of Colby Jack cheese, then go with a Cheddar flavor. Both are awesome in this recipe. For this step, make sure you layer on the cheese.
- 2 cans Fiesta Corn (15.25 oz each), drained
- 1 can diced green chilies (4.5 oz can), drained
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded (divided)
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon minced onion, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a casserole or baking dish. Set aside
- Combine corn, chilies, 1-1/2 cup colby jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, oregano, garlic powder and onion
- Stir to mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Pour into prepared dish and smooth out
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly on the edges
- Garnish with tomato, cilantro and green onions
- Serve immediately with chips