Now that Thanksgiving is over and our bellies are full, it’s time to start putting together those Christmas lists. Will you be giving Gifts from the Kitchen this year? Our Homemade Gifts from last year were such fun to create and share with you, we decided to share a few more.
Everyone loves Hot Cocoa, and although store bought is fine, there is something extra special about homemade. In just a few minutes you can whip up a batch for yourself or to give as a gift. And for an extra special touch, create a Mug Cozy in just minutes using an old sweater.
First, let put together the Mug Cozy…
Let’s gather our supplies…
Mug Cozy Supplies
- Sweater – the thrift store is a great place to find them for only a couple bucks
- Rick Rack – available at craft or fabric stores
- Embellishments – we found the snowmen at Michael’s near the scrapbooking supplies
- Mug – any mug will work, but the travel mugs with no handles work the best
- Hot glue gun or fabric glue
- Cut the cuff from the sleeve of the sweater. It may fray a bit, but it shouldn’t be too much problem.
- Fit onto the mug
- Using the hot glue gun, carefully attach the rick rack around the top and bottom of the cuff
- Place a spot of glue on the embellishment and attach it to the cuff
The ideas are endless, depending on your sweater color. You could also use ribbon or twine around the cuff. For the tag, I used my Die Cut Machine, cut a tag, wrote the serving directions, another snowman embellishment and tied the bag with extra rick rack to tie it all in together.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 12 Hershey's Baking Melts Chocolate Disks
- ¼ cup Hershey's baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla coffee creamer
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk for each serving
- Marshmallow Fluff, Marshmallows or Whipping Cream for Garnish
- Place sugar and almonds in food processor and grind until fine
- Add chocolate, cocoa, coffee creamer, cinnamon and nutmeg and process until mixture is finely ground
- For each serving add 1 tablespoon to 1 cup hot milk
- Garnish with marshmallows if desired
Linking to… Gooseberry Patch