It’s time for some football! But while the players are kicking off and your family is kicking back, you realize that you’re missing some game day snacks! Luckily we have you covered with a quick and easy dip that you can make before the first kick. This Hot and Spicy Game Day Dip is sure to be a touchdown of taste!
Game day is one of the funnest times of Fall for us, as well as many other sports oriented families. The action of the game gets everyone excited. And when my family gets excited, they get hungry. Sometimes I need a game day dish, and I need it fast. Luckily this dish goes together super quickly. Once you have the ingredients, all you have to do is a little bit of preparation and put them into a dish. This recipe made enough for my family, which is a small party in itself. If you have a large shindig planned, you can double the ingredients used in the recipe. They’re cheap enough that it won’t put a hole in your pocket.
The dip ends up being a bit thick, so I’d get some thick chips to match it. This is definitely a dip meant for the average football fan. It kicks like a tackle, but boy is it delicious. A dish this good will be gone by halftime. Luckily it will keep in the fridge for a good while so you can make some ahead of time. When you’re done you can sit down and enjoy a good game and a good dip with your family.
- 7 slices of bacon
- 16 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 ounce of ranch dressing mix
- ½ cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 and ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Stir together the cream cheese and ranch dressing mix until smooth.
- Spread the mixture across the bottom of a pie dish.
- Evenly spread the buffalo sauce on top.
- Crumble the bacon and layer it, the bell pepper, and tomato across the dish.
- Top with the cheddar cheese.
- Serve with chips or veggies