Packed with flavor, these easy to make Meatballs not only save you money in the kitchen, but there are a variety of dishes you can use them in. And in my opinion, every cook needs a good recipe for Homemade Meatballs.
This recipe is brought to you by Mizkan
We started with Pioneer Woman’s recipe, and kicked it up a notch with Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine. The ordinary flavor of the Meatballs was enhanced by adding a small amount of the Cooking Wine, and it added depth to the flavor of the Meatballs.
Meatballs are one of those dishes that can be used in a variety of meals. Everyone’s favorite, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Sub Sandwiches, served on a stick with Asian seasoning and of course, tossed with Barbecue Sauce or Bourbon Whiskey Sauce. They can be made with ground beef, pork, chicken and turkey. Our favorite is a combination of beef and pork. And these meatballs also do well made ahead and frozen.
Using a cookie dough scoop to make the Meatballs is a quick and easy way to form them.
A little roll in some flour…
A quick browning in the skillet and off to the oven they go.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ pound Pork Sausage or Ground Turkey
- ¾ cup oats, quick cooking
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Holland House Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1 cup flour
- Canola Oil
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined
- Form into balls and place on cookie sheet
- Roll meatballs in flour, and fry in oil about 2-3 minutes turning once
- Place meatballs in 13x9
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes
- Serve with spaghetti sauce, barbecue sauce, or make Meatball Subs
Here are 3 of our favorite meals with Meatballs…