The holidays are by far the best time of year for traditions. Passed down over the years, traditions are one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. One of our traditions, that was passed on from my Mother-in-law, is our Holiday Snack Table. It’s actually a very simple concept, but one that brings many wonderful memories.
The Holiday Table will be put up typically on Christmas Eve, and then it will stay up until usually New Year’s Day. It’s especially nice to be prepared for when guests stop by during the season.
Our Holiday Snack Table is not only a tradition, but the treats that are on the table, as well as how the table is set are also tradition.
The cute little Santa cup holds plastic silverware. And the decorated take-out boxes are perfect for holding nuts. You could even have a stack of them on the table for guests to help themselves to the treats and take some home to enjoy later.
Gummi Bears are festive with all the fun colors. Children as well as adults love them!
Love these paper plates I found at Walmart. The owl is just adorable and the square shape adds even more whimsy. Perfect for your Holiday Entertaining!
You can get as fancy as you want and display your own Christmas cookies. Or if you are tight on time, head to the store and grab some. These soft sugar cookies are from the bakery at Walmart.
Create your own Holiday Snack Table with these ideas…
- Table cover
- Paper plates and napkins – found at Walmart in the Christmas and seasonal aisles – only .97 cents
- Santa Cup to hold silverware – found at Walmart in the Christmas and seasonal aisles
- Plastic Cups
- Mugs for Hot Cocoa – available near the dishes
- Take-out boxes to display food or let guests fill a box to take home – only .97 cents
- Various snacks – cookies, candy, mixed nuts, peanuts in the shell, pretzels, apples, etc.
What is your most memorable Holiday Tradition?