So glad to have you back as we continue our Holiday Menu series. We have shared appetizers including the fun Santa and his Reindeer, side dishes with our family favorite, Hashbrown Potato Casserole and main dishes like a glazed ham. Today we will be mixing it up…that is mixing up some drinks, like this recipe for our Christmas Sangria.
By blending together a few seasonal flavors you can serve an amazing take on a drink that is normally associated with summer. What better way to add to your holiday festivities.
- 1 bottle White Wine
- 1 cup Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 cup Cranberry Juice Concentrate
- 2 cups Club Soda
- Fresh Cranberries
- Fresh Oranges
- In a large container blend together the white wine, and juice concentrates.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add cold club soda just before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and oranges.
There are so many options when considering what drinks you’ll be serving your guests, here are but a few suggestions…
For the adults
- how about a traditional Wassail Bowl from House Beautiful
- a simply decadent Cookies and Cream Cocktail from Simple Bites
- a holiday favorite Peppermint Cosmo from self.com
Don’t forget the kids
- celebrate the season with Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider
- a quick Kiddie Cocktail from Pocket Change Gourmet
- warm up with a Creamy Hot Chocolate from Food Network’s Paula Dean
Do you have a favorite drink for the holidays?