This Healthy Three Bean Pasta Salad is packed with flavor and made with organic products. It’s a perfect recipe for the upcoming 4th of July holiday since it feeds a crowd or perhaps as a Meatless Meal option on a hot Summer night.
We haven’t talked about eating healthy by using Organic products much, because let’s face it, they just aren’t budget friendly. Over the years, I have longed to feed my family a healthier option but we just didn’t have the extra money. What if I told you this Three Bean Pasta Salad was made with Organic products that are affordable?
Wild Oats Marketplace has been in the food industry over 25 years, making great food to those that care about what food they eat and where it comes from. Wild Oats recently launched a new line of Organic products at Walmart – and you guessed it, they are affordable, for right around $5 you can serve your family this Pasta Salad for a hearty lunch or even on a hot Summer night. We often enjoy Salad during the Summer when it’s just too hot to eat anything.
We used several of the Wild Oats products in this Three Bean Pasta Salad; Penne Rigate, Pinto Beans, Black Beans, Chickpeas Garbanzo Beans, and Spices. We also added Organic Cherry Tomatoes, Celery, a little bit of Green Onions for garnish, and Italian Dressing for added flavor and substance. The Pasta is $1.28 for a 16 ounce box and the Beans are $.92 cents per can, which are great prices for Organic products.
Besides the flavor being delicious, the thing I like the most about the Wild Oats products is that you can actually pronounce and understand the ingredients. For instance, the ingredients that are listed on the Penne Rigate are 100% Organic Durum Wheat Semolina and Water, that’s it.
- 1 (16 oz) box Wild Oats Penne Rigate Pasta, cooked and rinsed with cold water
- 1 (15 oz) can Wild Oats Black Beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Wild Oats Chickpeas Garvanzo Beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Wild Oats Pinto Beans
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 cup Italian style Salad Dressing
- Sprinkle of Green Onions for garnish, optional
- Cook and drain pasta according to directions on box. Rinse in cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, open, drain and rinse cans of beans and add to large bowl.
- Slice tomatoes and celery, add to bowl.
- Add spices
- Add pasta to bowl and stir to combine
- Add dressing and stir to coat
- Place in refrigerator for 2-24 hours