One of the most popular New Year’s Resolutions made is to get healthy, it’s definitely on our list. Right along with getting healthy is eating better, but just because you need to eat healthy doesn’t mean you need to give up flavor.
Salad is often healthy, but if you pile it up with lots of calories, often it isn’t. Ground turkey and baked tortilla chips keeps this Healthy Taco Salad lean, while the pinto beans and corn add beneficial fiber.
Not only is this Healthy Taco Salad packed with flavor and good for you, it’s also a quick meal, on the table in less than 30 minutes. Salsa is great to serve on the side or make your own for an even healthier meal.
- 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole corn
- 1 cup bottled or homemade salsa
- ¼ cup water
- 4-6 cups shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, cook ground turkey about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.Drain off fat
- Stir in beans, corn, salsa and water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes to blend flavors
- Add lettuce to plate or bowls, top with hot turkey mixture, sprinkle with cheese and chips
- Serve immediately with low fat sour cream, if desired
Looking for more healthy recipes? This Healthy Taco Salad recipe came from Kid Favorites Made Healthy Cookbook.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch