Have you ever ate Witches Fingers? Some have quite a bite but when prepared properly they’re really quite tasty. Here’s a fun Halloween food idea for the kids before they head out to go trick-or-treating to put them in the mood.
No…we would never condone chopping the fingers off the town Witch, but with only a few ingredients you can make your own Spooky Witches Fingers.
These are so kid friendly, they’ll love making these as much as eating them. This might be one case when it’s okay to point!
Use refrigerated breadsticks, they are the perfect size. I imagine that Witches fingers are a little longer and crooked. Just be sure to supervise when the kids are using sharp utensils, no need for a trip to the emergency room.
The kids will be shaking with anticipation before they even get their hands on these. What a fun Halloween food idea for the kids after school or what kid wouldn’t appreciate having a hot snack after they go Trick-or-Treating.
- 1 tube of Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 1 package shredded pizza blend cheese
- Separate and lay breadstick dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut two triangles from of each dough strip to form a point that resembles a fingertip.
- Score breadsticks to resemble knuckles.
- Cut pepperoni slices into triangles for the fingernails. (Cut larger than you want them to end up as they will shrink when baked)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 375 F oven.
- Split each breadstick (If fingernails fall off reattach with a dab of ketchup)
- Top with pepperoni slices and a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Place top back on to complete the finger.
- Place in oven for 4-5 minutes to warm through and melt the cheese.
Want more Fun Halloween Food Ideas? Check out what we shared last year and stay tuned for more fun (and maybe creepy) recipes!
Recipe inspired from Pillsbury