Ready for a fresh, delicious recipe that can be ready in 20 minutes? These Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Kabobs have a refreshing flavor from the lemon juice and a little zing from the Dijon mustard.
Not only is it Grilling Season, it’s also the perfect time of year to begin eating healthy. With the nice weather and all the great produce available right now, you can’t go wrong. We served the Chicken Kabobs with a simple store bought salad mixture with tomatoes.
The original recipe called for boneless chicken thighs, but we prefer chicken breasts. After butterflying each breast in half lengthwise, Doug cut the chicken into chunks while I was preparing the marinade.
We enjoyed the Chicken Kabobs along with a salad, the boys liked them without. Either way, you have a quick, easy and delicious meal on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 2 (about 3 pounds) Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced (we used Gourmet Gardens)
- To prepare chicken, lay breast on cutting board and butterfly, cutting in half lengthwise about half way through creating 2 pieces.
- Cut into chunks, and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients and let set for 4 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Thread chicken onto skewers, if you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak at least 30 minutes
- Lay chicken on grill to sear, then transfer to indirect heat. Cook for 12-15 minutes until completely done.
- Serve with salad or side dishes
Original Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine