We’re back with the next in our series Grill Once…Eat Twice, and this one is deceivingly easy. Starting with Chicken Breast make these recipes healthy and good for the whole family.
First on the grill we have the Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mozzarella. I’ve cooked and cut up chicken breast just about every way imaginable yet I’ve never tried stuffing the breast until after a trip to a new Whole Foods Store that opened up recently in a town an hour away from us. We stopped in there the opening weekend just like everyone else it seemed. You could barely get through the store let alone get a good look at what they have to offer. But I was able to get a glimpse of their meat counter and I spied some stuffed chicken breasts and put the idea to do my own in the back of my head.
Preparing the Chicken Breasts was easier than I thought, just be sure to parboil the asparagus (that’s cooks talk for boiling for 5 minutes), and soak the kitchen twine in water for 30 minutes before you wrap the chicken breasts. Other than that it was just like grilling chicken breasts normally.
Now on to the Eat Twice part. Unless you have a small grill or maybe you’re having a big party I’m sure there is room for an extra Chicken Breast or two. And that’s all you’ll need for the Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowl. How about a 10 minute meal? Wouldn’t that be great? Well that’s exactly what you’ll have with this recipe. Throw on a pot of boiling water and once it gets rolling dump in a box of Creamettes Angel Hair Pasta.
Chop up 1 or 2 leftover Stuffed Chicken Breasts while the pasta is cooking, it only takes a few minutes. Then you’ll add it to the cooked pasta and just a touch of additional seasoning. Not too much because we’ve already done most of the seasoning on the grill.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 12 ounces of sliced Mozzarella cheese
- House Seasoning (consists of equal parts kosher salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder)
- Kitchen twine for binding
- Soak kitchen twine in water for 30 minutes prior to preparation.
- Parboil the asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Trim excess fat from chicken breasts and butterfly them.
- Liberally sprinkle house seasoning on to the chicken breasts.
- Add 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Add enough asparagus to cover one-half of the chicken breast and add another slice of cheese.
- Fold over onto itself and bind with wet kitchen twine.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with house seasoning.
- Grill over indirect heat for 25-30 minutes until done.
- 1 or 2 cooked Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella
- 1 pound uncooked Angel Hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste
- Boil Angel Hair pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is boiling chop up the Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mozzarella.
- Transfer cooked pasta and chopped chicken breast to a large skillet.
- Add ½ cup of the pasta water and the Sesame Oil and Soy Sauce to the skillet. Heat through.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Garnish with green onions.
Did you know Creamettes is celebrating their 100th? Stop by tomorrow to help celebrate, we’ll be hosting a giveaway I know you’ll want to enter.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch