Heading to a potluck? Hosting a cookout? This Classic Seven Layer Salad Recipe is a MUST make! A crowd-pleaser for sure! It’s super easy to make, can be made ahead and feeds a crowd!
During the Summer months, I could make a meal from salad alone. The layers of goodness in this Seven Layer Salad go together deliciously.
The Classic Seven Layer Salad has well…seven layers! Imagine that…lettuce, hard boiled eggs, crumbled bacon (we cook ours in the oven), chopped tomatoes, green onions, grated American cheese, and peas. The dressing is a simple combination of mayonnaise, sour cream and a tablespoon of sugar to taste.
The thing I like most about this salad – besides the flavor of course, is that you can feed a crowd. It’s great for potlucks, picnics, cookouts, and our upcoming holiday celebrations like Memorial Day and 4th of July.
How many reunions have you been to that this Classic Seven Layer Salad Recipe shows up? For me – more than I can count. It’s a classic recipe that everyone loves. And honestly, it couldn’t be more easy to make. You can even cut up all the layers the day before and simply put together the salad several hours before serving.
I used a large trifle bowl to layer the salad, but you can use any type of bowl or jar even. I love adding salad to mason jars, putting the lid on and packing them in a cooler for a picnic.
Be sure to add this Seven Layer Salad to your upcoming BBQ Parties as well.
Head on over to Hoosier Homemade for this fun Printable Memorial Day BBQ Party!
- ½ head Iceberg Lettuce - cut into small pieces
- 4 Eggs - hard boiled and sliced
- 1 package (12 oz) Bacon - cooked and cut into small pieces (cook bacon in the oven)
- 4 small Tomatoes - chopped
- 6 Green Onions - tops sliced thinly
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese - grated
- 1 cup Frozen Peas - thawed
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- Clean and cut all ingredients
- Mix dressing and set aside
- Layer ingredients in order listed
- Top with dressing
- Garnish with additional cheese and peas if desired
- Place in refrigerator to chill completely - about 2-4 hours before serving
- Cover leftovers and place in refrigerator