Grilling season is upon us north of the Mason-Dixon line, even though you wouldn’t be able to tell it by the weather. One of the joys of grilling is that it gives me a reason to splurge and serve my family one of my favorite cuts of beef, the Ribeye Steak. Like every family we have varied tastes, I’m bold and Liz is the beautiful. I think it’s time for a Steak-Over.
Call us traditionalists but we believe that the flavor of the beef should be the queen of the ball. Adding a dusting of kosher salt and cracked black pepper is all the seasoning that a well marbled steak like a Walmart USDA Choice Premium Beef needs but that doesn’t mean you can’t add a little flair to the meal with a little creativity.
So Liz and I set out to court the favors of the family and see which of our styles would satisfy the family. First off in our challenge…
This is the year of sauces and relishes for me so I set out to make a Roasted Sweet Pepper Relish to enhance a little of the steaks beefy flavor without overpowering it.
- 8 ounces roasted sweet peppers
- 1 clove garlis, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh Italian Parsley
- pinch of kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Add ingredients to a food processor and process until well blended
Liz likes the flavors in her food to be very subtle and one of her favorite ways to do this is a simple Crimini Mushroom Saute.
- 8 ounces (Baby Bella) Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Remove the stems from the Crimini mushrooms and slice caps.
- Add butter to a saute pan over medium heat, add mushrooms once butter has melted.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes until just about done.
- Add garlic and salt and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
Now it’s your turn, host your own Steak-off or head to one of these Steal-Over Challenge sites and see for yourself the difference a Walmart USDA Choice Premium Beef Steak can make.
Are you ready to experience Walmart’s Steak-Over for yourself? Find out why you should choose your steaks at Walmart here. We shared our winning grilling tip – now tell us yours!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.