Part of the Back to School season means schedules. Whether the kids have after school activities or the parents have meetings, dinnertime always seems to be hurried. All this week we are helping you get your dinner on the table fast with quick, easy and delicious dinner recipes that your family with love and you will love the time it saves you.
These Chicken Strips with White BBQ Sauce are a combination of two different recipes, one that we have made several times and love – and the other a new recipe from Hellmann’s.
Let’s chat first about the chicken strips. Similar to the Parmesan Crusted Chicken and the Chicken Nuggets that we have enjoyed many times, this batch is coated in Hellmann’s Mayonnaise and then covered with seasoned bread crumbs.
We have used a variety of bread crumbs in the past including store bought. But this time we used the spices and seasonings that were used on the Chicken Wings – chili powder, sweet paprika, garlic salt, cayenne pepper and ground cumin – giving them an amazing flavor with just a little kick.
And then the White BBQ Sauce – I’ve made many different sauces over the years, but never a White BBQ Sauce. This recipe, made with Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, horseradish, vinegar, lemon and seasonings gives the Chicken Strips the authentic flavor with Southern Barbecue Sauce.
Baking time was only 15 minutes, making this a quick recipe. Here are a few tips to make the process easier…
- Mix the White BBQ Sauce the day before (store in fridge up to 1 week)
- Cut boneless skinless chicken breasts while they are partially frozen, making it easier to cut
- Butterfly the chicken breast to 1) get more chicken from each breast and 2) make the chicken more tender
- Cut each piece of chicken into small strips and then each strip in half, making them cook faster
- Cutting the chicken can be done ahead, stored in the fridge or frozen
- We like buying a large package of chicken, preparing it, then freezing it. Just be sure the chicken is fresh not frozen, re-freezing is not always a good idea.
- 1 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- Whisk together all ingredients and place in fridge to chill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Butterfly each chicken breast in half, then cut into strips, place in medium bowl
- Add ½ cup Hellmann's and toss to coat
- Combine bread crumbs with seasonings in large bowl
- Add chicken to bread crumb mixture and coat
- Place chicken on prepared cookie sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until chicken is white and tender
- Serve with White BBQ Sauce and celery sticks
Recipe adapted from Hellmann’s Chicken Wings with White BBQ Sauce