Nothing says comfort food like mashed potatoes and cheese. This Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole is creamy and full of flavor.
A mixture of Mashed Potatoes, Country Crock® Spread, Cream Cheese, Milk, Cheddar Cheese, Salt and Seasoned Salt make this Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole simple enough for weeknight meals, but special for holiday gatherings too.
The Mashed Potato Casserole is also perfect for a make-ahead dish. Let cool on the counter, then wrap with foil or plastic wrap and place in fridge. When you are ready to cook, remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, uncover and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
Did you know it’s National Potato Lovers Month? What’s not to love about potatoes? Whether you serve them mashed, cooked in the Slow Cooker, roasted or even grilled, everyone (especially our family) love potatoes!
This Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole is a spin on Country Crock® Spread Creamy Mashed Potato recipe. You can find all the ingredients for this recipe including the Country Crock spread at your local Walmart.
- 8-10 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Country Crock spread
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Boil potatoes until fork tender
- Mash until smooth
- Add Country Crock spread, cream cheese, milk, salt and seasoned salt
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth
- Stir in cheddar cheese, reserving ¼ cup to sprinkle on top
- Spread into a glass baking pan
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling