The holidays are all about tradition, and in our home one of those is this Cheese Ball. While you can certainly enjoy this recipe anytime of year, it always makes it’s appearance on the Holiday Party Menu.
With only 5 ingredients – cream cheese, thinly sliced packaged meat, green onions, salt and Worcestershire Sauce – this Cheese Ball goes together in a snap!
The recipe makes a large amount, so you can certainly divide it in half to make two Cheese Balls. Maybe take one to the Holiday Party and keep one at home to enjoy the next day, because I guarantee there won’t be any left to bring home.
We found all the ingredients at Walmart. Right now they have 3 packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese for under $4.50. We usually use Buddig Thinly Sliced Meat and it’s under $1 per package.
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 packages of thinly sliced meat, pastrami or beef works best
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Accent Salt (or regular salt) Accent has MSG in it, so if you don’t want to use that, regular salt is okay, but use a little less
- 3-4 green onions, chopped finely
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl and gently stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until slightly creamy
- Cut meat and green onion into small pieces
- Add to cream cheese
- Add salt and Worcestershire Sauce
- Mix well
- Place plastic wrap on counter
- Add cheese ball mixture and form one large ball or divide in half for two smaller cheese balls
- You can also roll in chopped nuts if you want
- Serve with crackers of your choice
To serve, remove from freezer the morning or the night before you want to serve, place in fridge
To give as a gift, add crackers and a small knife to a basket or colander
To give the Cheese Ball as a Holiday Gift, we added a couple sleeves of crackers and a small butter knife, filled it with crinkly paper and tied a ribbon around the cheese ball.