Perfect for Christmas morning or any special occasion, this ooey-gooey, delicious Caramel Pecan French Toast goes together in a snap the night before, making it super easy to pop in the oven, bake and serve.
The caramel mixture with the pecans is a perfect blend…not too sweet with a hint of maple and cinnamon flavor.
Serve with a fruit salad or simply slice oranges and you have a wonderful breakfast for Christmas morning!
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices French bread, cut ¾ inch thick diagonally
- Spray a 13x9 glass dish with cooking spray
- In a small saucepan, combine the topping ingredients except pecans
- Cook, stirring constantly until smooth, do not boil
- Pour mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle with pecans
- In a shallow bowl, combine french toast ingredients except bread
- Cut bread and dip each slice into the egg mixture letting it soak up a bit
- Lay on top of pecans
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 8 hours or overnight
- To Bake: uncover and let sit on counter about 15 minutes
- Bake at 400 Degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden and bubbly
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker