Halloween is one of those holidays that you can really have fun with your food. In our family, we like to keep it fun – not gross or scary. The main reason for that – food is expensive and I hate to go to the work of preparing it and have it not eaten because it looks gross. So here’s a fun Halloween food idea for your next party, Bones and Cheese Dip.
But that’s not to say we still don’t like creating some fun alternatives that are family friendly. These Bones made with bread sticks are super easy and our favorite Cheese Dip with only 3 ingredients couldn’t be quicker.
So fun…and yummy too! They are easy enough to add to your Halloween Dinner for your family, and also perfect for a large party or even a spooky dinner party.
The bones are made with a tube of refrigerated bread sticks and baked in the Wilton bone pan. Simply divide the bread sticks in half and push into the pan mold. Bake for about 7 minutes. The only draw back is there is only 5 openings in the pan, so you may want to grab a couple pans to make the process go quicker.
The Cheese Dip is a favorite of ours made with Velveeta Cheese, Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and a can of Chili. Toss it all together and heat to melt the cheese, either on the stovetop or in the microwave, and in about 5 minutes it’s ready to serve.
Serve the bones on the side for dipping.
- Refrigerated breadsticks- 2 bones per breadstick
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 15 ounces Chili, no beans
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Wilton bone pan
- Cut each breadstick in half and push into pan opening
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes or until light golden brown
- Cheese Dip
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan on the stovetop or in a microwave safe bowl
- Heat until smooth, stirring occasionally and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes