Casseroles are the best invention known to man… okay maybe not the best but you’ve got to admit it ranks up there with sliced bread. Combining ingredients into one delicious pan that can go straight from the oven to the table is pure genius and this Beefy Noodle Casserole is just plain delicious as well.
The name may sound plain and boring but this is anything but and you can have this on your family’s table tonight in under an hour, talk about quick. Let’s walk through how to make it…
Chop up half a medium sized yellow onion. Now I love all those neat kitchen gadgets that populate the house ware aisles but there’s just something about the feeling of accomplishment of mastering chopping ingredients with a big ol’ knife.
Brown up your hamburger and onions, and the tomato sauce and dry ingredients and let them come together over low heat.
While all this is going on bring a big pot of water up to a boil and get the noodles going. After they are done drain off the water and mix in the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese..
We’re almost there, get your baking dish and layer in the noodle mixture and the meat mixture and top it off with some shredded Parmesan.
Place it into a 350 F oven for 30 minutes and you’ve got the evening’s dinner ready for the family.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 - 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 - 16 ounce bag wide egg noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the onion and ground beef together until all the pink is gone and beef crumbles, drain off excess fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Combine and simmer over low heat.
- Cook the egg noodles per package directions.
- Mix together the cooked noodles, cottage cheese, sour cream and softened crean cheese.
- Spread half the noodle mixture into a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer with meat mixture. Repeat both layers and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 F oven.
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch