Getting dinner on the table fast without a lot of clean up is top on my list, how about you? It’s also important to serve a meal that my family will love, while staying within my budget.
All this week we are sharing budget friendly recipes with you, brought to you by ALDI. We are kicking off the week with this delicious, easy-to-make Barbecue Chicken and Rice.
At first the combination of chicken, barbecue sauce, corn and rice seemed a little strange to me. Although those are all ingredients we love and if I can make dinner in one pan, with minimal clean up, it was definitely worth the try.
Not only did this Barbecue Chicken and Rice taste delicious, it was super fast. From start to finish, including cutting the chicken, we had dinner ready in less than 30 minutes.
Not only is this dish quick – easy to prepare in one pan – delicious – it’s also budget friendly. The chicken breasts in the package at ALDI are very large, in fact we only used 1 breast from this package, leaving 2 others for another meal. And we all know how well rice stretches a meal too. The quality of the ingredients was also outstanding.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway below for $100 in ALDI gift certificates, follow ALDI on Facebook and be sure to stop back on Wednesday for another delicious super easy recipe for Slow Cooker Enchiladas.
We are also sharing Fall Desserts – Apple Crumble Cupcakes and Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies with Maple Frosting over on Hoosier Homemade.
- 1 pound Kirkwood Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons Carlini Canola Oil
- 1 bottle Burman’s Barbecue Sauce (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup Water or Chicken broth
- 1 can Happy Harvest Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 cup Onion, chopped finely
- ½ cup Green Pepper, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups uncooked Rice Bowl Long Grain Minute White Rice
- Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken, onions, green pepper and garlic and cook until chicken is browned and no pink remains and the vegetables are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Stir in Barbecue Sauce, water and corn, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, bring to slow boil, cover and remove from heat. Let stand about 5 – 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Serve with a side salad, if desired
Linking to…Gooseberry Patch