Warm up with this All American Cheeseburger Soup! A simple recipe that will WOW your family! Are you needing to warm up on these cold winter nights? Are you tired of making the same three or four things for dinner each week but don’t think you have time to create something new? I have just the thing for you. This All American Cheeseburger Soup has only a few easy steps and will have your family smiling from ear to ear.
All you will need are a few veggies, dried herbs and spices, chicken broth, Velveeta cheese and some ground beef. You can also add a small amount of butter in for some additional flavor.
To save time, cook and drain the ground beef and even cube the cheese and dice the veggies the night before. Then, when everyone is trying to get out the door in the morning, it will be a cinch to throw the ingredients in the slow cooker together. To get started, add everything except the ground beef and cheese to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
When you are just about ready to eat, add the ground beef and the Velveeta cheese cubes. Cook until the cheese has melted and beef is warm.
Then, ladle this fantastically cheesy soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese (if desired), bacon crumbles, and sliced green onions.
One thing to note is if you would like the soup to be a bit thicker add two tablespoons of cornstarch with two tablespoons of cold water together and stir into the soup while it is boiling. Continue doing this until the soup has reached the desired thickness.
This soup is hearty enough to be eaten by itself as a main dish. It is also wonderfully paired with a thick slice of bread or a roll. It goes great as a combo with half a sandwich or a small green salad. This All American Cheeseburger Soup is also wonderful reheated, so send your family out the door with Thermos’s full of it for lunch the next day. You will definitely be adding this soup to your list of weekday favorites.
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional for added flavor)
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package Velveeta cheese (16 oz), cubed
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and grease drained
- Green onions, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled for garnish (optional)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish (optional)
- Place potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, chicken broth, butter, basil, parsley, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours of high for 4-6 hours.
- Add ground beef and cheese to your slow cooker when. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Ladle into bowls and top with green onion, shredded cheese and crumbled bacon if desired.
- Serve immediately.